Truly, I am THANKFUL.
There are so many things day-in and day-out that go wrong, in our own lives and in the world in general. But as a whole, I believe we have so much to be thankful for. I'd like to share my Top 7 (in no particular order):
- Ryan, Reagan and Fiona - our family. I love knowing that they are the first people/things I see when I wake up and the last before I fall asleep. I love my husband's heart, the unconditional love and the smiles he creates around our house. I can't imagine life without any of them. I am so thankful for them each and everyday.
- Family - back in Minnesota. I miss them everyday, sometimes too much. But I know that they are there - always there - and that even though we are so far apart, nothing changes because we love each other all the same. I could not have asked for a better Mother, Father and Brother. I was blessed to "inherit" unbelievable in laws. Family is the most important thing to me - always will be. I am so thankful for them each and everyday.
- Friends - near and far. There is nothing like good friends. Good friends become almost like family. I always have a guard up when it comes to good friends; they are rare to find. But when I do find them, the relationship is priceless to me. They are always the friends that would drop anything and everything in a heartbeat if needed. And even more importantly, they are always the friends that just "come easily." There is no work involved. They love, respect and understand. Most of my best friends don't even live in a 100-mile radius (and another one soon to be leaving:(), but while it kills me the friendship is all the same! I am so thankful for them each and everyday.
- Health - not something I may have said last year at this time. You don't know how great it is until you don't have it anymore. I have finally figured out how to stay healthy. And when I stray from that (like I have so often lately) I really realize how thankful for good health I am. I am thankful that I know how to control "feeling well." And I am thankful that I have had some key support to get me from there to here in this past year. Having good health allows me to be active, which is one of my favorite things in the world. I am so thankful for health each and everyday.
- Success - through hard work. Success is measured in so many different ways. I am thankful for success through hard work. I am thankful in knowing that because I am driven and strive for the best in everything I do, success can always be looming around. I am so thankful for success each and everyday.
- Life - simple. I am thankful for this life that God gave to me and continues to give to me and the ones I love the most every day. I am thankful for the beauty that surrounds me each and everyday. Sometimes I can't even believe that life is so great - that the world is so beautiful - that the possibilities are endless. Sure, I have bad days - we all do. But as a whole, life is great. We have to appreciate all the small things and not sweat all the little things. Tomorrow will always be another day - we can be thankful for that idea, as not everyone will have the chance for a "tomorrow." I am so thankful for life each and everyday.