Sunday, November 8, 2009

Spicing up Breakfast

I have decided to dive into my GAPS Diet book again. I am excited about this!

Photobucket


This morning
I made "Eggless banana mini-muffins." So yummy!

Here is the recipe I used (there are modifications to everything):
  • Coconut flour (Organic, Bob's Red Mill)
  • Gelatine crystals
  • Very ripe, smashed bananas
  • Coconut oil
  • Honey
The consistency is not what we are used to. As a matter of fact it was the consistency of cookie dough. (I believe this is because I used Coconut flour and not Grounded nuts, since I couldn't find them at Raley's yesterday.)

These are wholesome, all natural and healthy mini-muffins, but I made them mini for a reason - they are super high in calories and fat. I tend to worry much less about that now than before, since finding a "great treat" like this for me is so rare!

Even if you do not follow the GAPS Diet or any diet for that matter, I highly recommend trying this recipe out!

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment