Thursday, September 3, 2009

Starting on Monday....

Even if you were to stop reading this right now, you would know exactly what I'm talking about.
"Starting on Monday, I am going to....."
You may have this phras so programmed in your head that you find yourself saying it on Tuesday at 9:30am ("Ok, starting next Monday, I'm going to....")

The most common ways we finish this sentence are with:
  1. Go on a diet
  2. Exercise
  3. Find a way to make more money
I have finished that sentence with all three more times that I can count. (ps. Still stuck on #3 but working at that one - perhaps always) I digress - I have stopped saying, "Starting on Monday." The day I just picked up and implemented - took my first single step - was the day I became more in control and forward thinking. And because I did so, it has made all the difference in my life today.

The truth is simple - "Every journey begins with a single step."

Don't start on Monday.

Don't start "when x occurs or when x doesn't occur."

Start now.

"Just do it." (And speaking of which, have you joined my Pied Pipers yet for the 10.24.2009 Human Race 10K Challenge? There is no better day than today to begin!)

I'm still on the GAPS and still doing amazing with it. But, I have to be honest and say that I've been doing Soy Lattes from time-to-time. Soy is supposed to be a no-no for me, but I've learned that in small doses it's OK for me. It does not bloat me. As a matter of fact, I still have not been bloated (except for the MN mistake-weekend!) And this is fabulous news, just in time for Pumpkin Spice Latte season. This is my favorite latte. I am praying that my stomach can handle it a few times!

I really love knowing that food heals. It has made all the difference in my life.

I am hoping that very soon I can add more foods in. I have just been too scared to, since I'm feeling so wonderful! I still basically live off of meat, broth and fats. I have had some nuts in the past couple of weeks, too. For instance, today I had a bunch of raw cashews. They were so good!

Due to all my running and working out in general, it's been hard to keep up with food. My metabolism feels like it's through the roof, which is a good thing! But still, I'm hungry a lot of the time. I'm still learning to manage that.

For anyone out there who has stomach issues, I'd be more than happy to discuss GAPS with you. This has been a "miracle." Literally, nothing short of a "miracle" in my life!

Happy Holiday Weekend!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Sarah, I would LOVE more help with this. I think my gastroenterologist is getting tired of seeing me. And I'm tired of taking medication to help my stomach feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can contact me at: sarahkayhoffman@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete