Thursday, December 31, 2009

A Sweet 2009

It's that time of year again - everyone is thinking about and talking about those 3 little words: New Year's Resolution.

Every year at New Year's, I, like everyone else make my resolution. Only I don't just make one, two or even three. I make an entire list! But instead of calling them, "New Year's Resolutions for Sarah Kay Hoffman," I just call them, "X Year Goals."

Goals

This year is no different! And this year I am calling them a plethora of things:
  • New Year Goals. Inspirations. Passions. Motivations.
  • A Brand New Decade
  • 2010
  • Simplified
My father-in-law told me last year, "Let's just see if you can get through one goal!" To him I responded, "Thank you for the challenge!"

For my "2009 Year Goals" I had created upwards of 20 Goals. Of those goals, here are the achievements I was most proud of:
  • Ran my 1st half marathon
  • Figured out my food intolerances and how to help myself
  • Began a Blog
  • Built my Social Media Network
And then there was the Goal that was not on there as of January 1, 2009 - "Work for Nike as a Human Race Ambassador, promote via Social Media and win a trip to the Superbowl in 2010."  That, although unplanned, was my greatest success (Let's go Minnesota Vikings!)!


I have yet to make my entire list for the "2010 Year Goals," (and yes, it will be complete for tomorrow!) but perhaps what's more important for me to remember about this list I'm about to finish is this: The Possibilities are Endless.

I have proven to myself that no goal is out of reach. Whatever it is you want, with a ton of hard work, perseverance and passion, is possible!

They say that "the shortest distance between two points is a straight line." I know now, though, that even if I can't get from A to B in one, simple straight line that I can get there by never giving up - getting it done - "zig-zagging" if need be. And sometimes, the outcome is all the more sweet after you've taken the "longer way!"

So....to 2010 - Carry on! I'd love to hear all of your goals!

Happy last day of 2009!

No comments:

Post a Comment