Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Wine Chiller

I now have a new use for our Wine Chiller piece: Foot ice pack.
running,foot ice pack,wine chiller

Don't think I'm crazy (and don't make fun of the sock - it's super comfortable)! I'm telling you - it's a magical "invention" that someone else created and I implemented for all injured runners!


And while we're on the topic, YES, I have a minor injury again. I'm frustrated and totally bummed. But even more than that, I'm just scared of failure. Now, I want more than anything to complete this marathon. And the only people that seem to "get" this are those who run - and run far! 

I can't explain it. It's just something in me now. 


And at the same time, I think I'm becoming smart enough to know when it's critical to just listen to my body. I'm at this stage. I fell short of one final 800 at 5K pace today. But I literally felt like the top of my foot was cracked. I stopped. I stopped in hopes that by Thursday (the next scheduled run) I might be better for my 7 mile run. If I'm not, I'll skip that one. And then I'll hope I'm better for my 6 mile run on Saturday. And again, if I'm not, I'll skip that one, too. I'm skipping it until this sharp pain goes away. 


I've learned since my half marathon: A few days off prevents a few months off! If that happens again, it will absolutely kill me! 

So until I heal, it's all about the Wine Chiller Ice Pack. And maybe I'll even have some wine with it! CHEERS!

1 comment:

  1. Take care of yourself Sarah. A few days off does a world of good. I know you're going to make it to San Diego and run strong.

    ReplyDelete