Monday, May 10, 2010

Dear Mom

(Just a couple day late!)

Dear Mom:

I missed you dearly on Mother's Day.
I know I sent to you a card. 
And a custom piece of jewelry.
And a gift card.
But it was time spent with you that I missed mostly.
Time I can't make up being this far away.
You should know, though,
That where I live never changes
How much I love you and how often I think of you.
I remember each and every single thing,
Big and small, that you have done for me
Over the years. 
Starting with the time you drove back to Waseca 
Just to get my ID:)
I remember the times I was mean to you. 
And all the times you still loved me - 
Unconditionally. 
I remember all the times we have laughed - and cried But mostly laughed.
With, not at, JJ! (HA!)
I will never forget how my heart broke the first time
I headed West to Los Angeles. 
And then again how it broke when we moved 
West for good.
I can't listen to Sugarland's, "Baby Girl,"
Without fighting a single tear.
I typically think of growing up, singing with you
By the piano or at a bar by a jukebox or 
In an auditorium. 
There are so many things I think of when I think - 
MOM
But nothing compares to the simple thought of - 
LOVE. 
If I could give you a million dollars to repay you
For everything you've done, I would.
But it would be an embarrassment still to the things
You've given me.
Thank you for giving me life. 
Thank you for giving me love. 
Thank you for being the best Mom and Friend
A girl could ask for!




"Well, remember me in ribbons an' curls.
"I still love you more than anything in the world...
"Love,
"Your baby girl." (Sugarland)

1 comment: