Thursday, May 27, 2010

ME dot COM

My friend, Ted Rubin says, "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning to dance in the rain."

Ladies Who Lunch




I absolutely love that! But it's time for me to act that out.


Lately, I have been too consumed with work. That's the problem with Social Media and having a career focused around a computer - it's always there! And I have let it consume me. 

Couple that with my inability to run, run, run and I have basically just been nearly "cooped-up," allowing myself to be burried in the computer. 


No More! I am not waiting for my "feet storm" to pass, feeling sorry for the fact that "I can't run." And I'm certainly not going to fore go it while sitting by my computer working!


Time for action! It's not realistic for me to say, "I promise to turn my technology off for 3 hours each day." And the truth is, I don't want to! I currently work with certain individuals who inspire me each and every single day. And for that, I give back my time, energy and brain. But, I must always remember ME first! So, like a diet, I'm not making promises I can't keep (the computer stays on!). The best laid plans will fail with unrealistic goals.

My new "goals" are in the works. I like to call them: ME dot COM. And what does that mean? It means merging my love for Health/Fitness and Food with Social Media once again! Remember ME on NIKE? One project has already begun with Mr. Bob Stanke, Director of Social Media for Lifetime Fitness.

But what will be next?! My "Wild" Card is out there....  

No comments:

Post a Comment