Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Summer Workout

After this weekend, California finally feels like the summer I have so desperately been waiting for! 

It has been a long time since I've written a workout. After I go months and months of being on a stringent workout plan, I like to take some "off time" and just go to the gym, do what I please and be done. 

Vinyl Ready Art - Silhouettes


Those of you who know me, though, know that I like to have intense workouts constantly in the pipeline. It's the "goal" of getting into the gym, achieving something, writing it down and leaving with the pure satisfaction of "goal achieved!"

I am happy to be back here - with my "Summer Workout!"

About 3 years ago, I had every intention of studying to be a Personal Trainer. I even had all the material from the NSCA. I studied and studied. Meanwhile, I was working at ClubSport in San Ramon. While I was studying and seeing the day-to-day of trainers, I decided that making a career as a Personal Trainer was definitely not going to be me. Unfortunately those were two passions that could not be mixed. 

But fortunately, I had acquired some knowledge and my passion for working out for me had not diminished at all!

When I make my workouts, I pull from many different places and resources. I get things from my NSCA material, my husband, friends (dannymclarty.com) and just general knowledge I've acquired over the years from this obsession.

I'm not an expert. I'm not a professional. I don't pretend to be. And I don't pretend to give out advice to "help you reach your goals." I do this, talk about this and live this because it works for me and because people can usually pick up a thing or two which may work for them as well. 

So....back to my "Summer Workout." (Well...phase one anyways - roughly 4 weeks.)

Day 1: Chest/Back + HIIT Cardio
Day 2: Legs (lift)
Day 3: OFF
Day 4: Shoulder/Tricep/Bicep + HIIT Cardio
Day 5: Legs (Circuit)
Day 6: OFF
Day 7: HIIT Cardio + Abs

Yesterday was (obviously) Day 1: Chest/Back + HIIT Cardio. 

Here is what it looked like:

1 (a). Rotating DB Bench Press
1 (b). Reverse Situp 
- 3 sets; RI = 30 sec. -

2 (a). DB Incline Fly
2 (b). DB Lawnmower
- 3 sets; RI = 30 sec. - 

3 (a). Pullups
3 (b). Reverse DB Fly
- 3 sets; RI = 30 sec. -

4 (a). Wide Grip Pushup
-  3 sets to failure on each -

HIIT Cardio - 20 minutes of Running Sprints. 

5 minute cooldown. Stretching.

In less than an hour, I felt like I had worked out for 2 hours! There is so much beauty in that!
Legs today....

CHEERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment