Since not everyone can or cares to, I do it, post it and hopefully those of you who try it love it, too! So....
Have at it! Brought to you by the CalorieKing.com, nutritionals on all your favorite pizzas! Scared? I'll help you with one. The average 14" Pizza, Cheese Topping, Original Crust has (per 3.6 oz/1 slice serving): 272 calories, 9.8g fat (4.4g saturated), 33.6g carbohydrates and 551mg sodium. And consider, this is the average, with only cheese and just one small slice. And let's be honest, we never have just one slice. Ever!
Pizza, done right, can simply be alright - for all of us! I wanted to gauge whether or not people are interested in this sort of "foodie post" before I put a ton of work in it. So I have to be honest when I say that I don't have the exact nutritionals, products and brands. But here is what I do know about my Pizza I made:
- Low-Carbohydrate, High Fiber Tortilla (80 calories and 12g fiber)
- Made with tortilla, low-fat cheese, sauce, extra-lean turkey and mushrooms
- We guessed it was less than 350 calories (for the entire pizza!)
What you could do differently = Add more vegetables. They are super-low calorie and great for you (I have to be careful with them due to my stomach issues)
What I would definitely do differently =
- Different sauce (Don't get me wrong, it tasted great, but I know there is a much lower-sugar one available at the same great taste.)
- Sprinkle some herbs and spices on after the sauce is on (zero-calorie flavor!)
- Use a different cheese. I would attempt to make a Laughing Cow Cheese work because it's one of my favorites.
So tell me....what is your most FAVORITE "junk food" or otherwise "unhealthy food?" I'd love to cook up another "unlikely health food!"