Saturday, June 5, 2010

Leg Workout: Circuit Version

This is the last "lifting" part of the workout. Today was Day 5. I really loved this workout. It's hard, short and sweet and to the point!


Recap:
Day 1: Chest/Back + HIIT Cardio
Day 5: Legs (Circuit)
Day 6: OFF
Day 7: HIIT Cardio + Abs

Here is what my Day 5: Legs (Circuit &/or Reps) Looks Like


1 (a). Bulgarian Split Squat - no weight
- 3 sets; 12-reps/leg; RI = 30-40 sec. -

2 (a). Squat - no weight
2 (b). Moving/walking pushups - no weight
2 (c). Medicine Ball Chop
- 3 sets; 10-15 Reps/each; RI = 30-40 sec. - 

3 (a). Hamstring (in-and-out) on Ball
3 (b). Calf Raise -no weight
- 3 sets; 15-20 Reps/each; RI = 30 sec. -

4 (a). Bench Stepup - no weight
4 (b). Medicine Ball Chop + Squat
4 (c). Jumping Split Squats
-  3 sets; RI = 30 sec. -

5 minute cooldown. Stretching.

It might look "simple," given that most of it is weightless. But try it, I guarantee your heart will be pumping. I was dripping with sweat. The workout only took me 30 minutes. I was definitely fatigued, but I may try 4 sets on all next time if I'm feeling ambitious! 


After the hard workout, I'm rewarding myself with a Manicure and Pedicure from The Jellyfish Spa! Are you in the East Bay - or Bay Area in general? If so, you should check out this phenomenal deal from PASSBOX! Today is the last day to get this Deal: $30 for the 'Moon Signature' luxury manicure & pedicure (Normally $75) at The Jellyfish Spa at the Blackhawk Plaza! (and ps. 5% of every purchase you make goes back to the Local School of YOUR CHOICE!)


Do yourself a favor and reward yourself (or someone in your life who deserves it) with pampering vs. food! ("Well....I did this Leg Workout today so I deserve a cupcake.") WRONG! You deserve to treat your body good. So eat your lean protein, get your pampering at The Jellyfish Spa and then go have a glass of Red Wine:)

CHEERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment