Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Confessing & Truth-ing Upgraded

What started out as me "confessing, truth-ing" and sharing my journey with you has and is evolving into something much more! 

I am excited to share that very shortly I will be announcing a huge new major feature to my Blog! At this time, there is one....I am currently working on the second! Am I telling you this for "self-promotion" reasons? NO! Absolutely not! I am telling you this because this is something you will benefit from as well! And because - the truth is that I am so passionate about feeling optimal and helping you also become the (healthy, happy, passionate, inspired - and - skinny diva) you've always wanted to become! It's not about molding into a "picture-perfect" anybody. It's about molding into a "picture perfect" YOU. And that's the most important "perfect" any one of us can achieve! 

Again, I am not allowed to announce anything yet. On the left-hand side you will see a "Keep Up with Me" and a button which allows you to "FOLLOW." Click that. You'll never miss a posting!


Today was a phenomenal day! It wasn't like my energy was skyrocketing by any means, but it was sustainable energy all day long!
I made it though a hard workout. It felt so great. I didn't feel the urge to nap. And there was no bloat. I added in my extremely-ripened bananas today, too. (Yes, they are allowed....yummy, delicious carb here I am!)

I think you will notice via my "daily food log" that I eat fat. A lot compared to before. But don't let "fat" fool you. All fat is not created equal. And fat is not the enemy! I have only lost weight!

Fat gets a bad name due to the huge amounts of saturated fat that we consume on a daily basis. McDonald's is very open with telling you that a "Double Quarter Pounder with Cheese" has 19g of Saturated Fat.

"The American Heart Association recommends limiting the amount of saturated fats you eat to less than 7 percent of total daily calories.  That means, for example, if you need about 2,000 calories a day, no more than 140 of them should come from saturated fats.  That’s about 16 grams of saturated fats a day." 

In your McDonald's sandwich alone you have gone over. Enough said.

But in foods like avocados, almonds, salmon, olive oil and others, you will get the healthy fats that help (not hurt) you. These are better known as "monounsaturated, polyunsaturated and omega-3 fatty acids." This is not giving you permission to stuff your face with them all day long. They do still contain calories, a lot of them! But what it means is that you should get some in your diet each and every single day. 

I never miss a day without having them!
(Side note: You are thinking, "but you always promote your Coconut-based products to be so good and they contain mostly saturated fat." Never fear, there are different kinds of "saturated fat." If you think it's the "bad" kind, it probably is. Coconut is not. Read more HERE.)

Day 4 Food:
  • Slow-cooked chicken
  • Magic Mineral Broth
  • Homemade chicken broth
  • Slow-cooked turkey
  • Lean beef
  • Avocado
  • Broiled chicken in Coconut Oil
  • Raw Coconut Butter
  • Extremely ripened bananas
  • Probiotics

Alright, that's a wrap for me today. Tomorrow I'm throwing a question out for all of you. Stay tuned....

CHEERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment