Monday, June 28, 2010

What more do you have?

I was going to take a "rest day" today, but after being tied up by my computer almost 12 hours, I thought a gym session would do me well. And it did!

Only tonight when I went to the gym, I didn't wear my heart rate monitor or bring any specific workout (because I didn't have one) or even bring my iPod. All I brought was a magazine and a bottle of water. I did 40 minutes of cardio, while catching up on overdue magazine chit-chat. By the time I got to the last 15 minutes of my cardio, I wondered, "What more do I have to give to this workout?" It wasn't as intense as my other workouts, but it wasn't supposed to be. And still....I knew I had more to give. So as I walking on the treadmill, for those last 15 minutes, I cranked the incline to 7 percent and also started doing kickboxing punches. 

15 minutes later - that was all I had! I felt great. And happy! 

You have a choice in everything you do in life, whether it's working out, your diet, your attitude or your work ethic. And you must ask yourself, "Am I doing my best? Can I push harder? What more do I have to give? Have I given at least 110%?"


In other news, I invite you to check out my new "Project Bon Bons." It's in the beginning stages, but I am thrilled for it!



Today marked Day 9! Still feeling great - still amazed. I don't think that's going away anytime soon!

(Only new foods mentioned, since day-to-day I eat mostly the same foods.)
Day 9 Food:
  • Items from before......plus
  • Wild salmon with (fresh-squeezed orange, lemon & lime juice)
  • Probiotics
 CHEERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment