Friday, June 25, 2010

Today: I Love You


Today was just a solid, fantastic day. Didn't win the lottery. Didn't find a cure for anything. Didn't make the Guinness Book of World Records.

But it was still a good day. I woke up at 6am (a major sign all energy is here)! I trucked myself to Starbucks. Yes, Starbucks! I had myself a Venti, Half-Caf Soy Misto with one pack of Honey. What? SOY? That's not a part of the GAPS. (I'll explain later.)

While enjoying this perfect creation I call "life's-necessary-joys," I engaged in my first Twitterview with Joel E Carlson. It was streaming on the St. Paul Pioneer Press. It can be found HERE!  

After that, I went to the gym to do my (updated) Leg Circuit Workout. Fantastic!

And then I just had a great day working, chatting, blogging & engaging with people - all the things I love most! They say if you love what you do, then you'll never work a day in your life. So true! 

Tonight, I went to one of my favorite places in Pleasanton, Ca - Savvy Seconds! I got myself some cute new things on a "savvy" price, but nothing that looks like it came "secondhand!" If you are in the Bay Area, they are a MUST get to!  

I felt phenomenal again today. Sometimes I find myself over-thinking my stomach, wondering if I can feel it getting bloated. Now that's in my head. I'm glad to know it! I realized something today, though (back to what I said in the beginning about Soy). I follow the GAPS Diet, but I'm changing the acronyms. Again, it stands for: Gut and Psychology Syndrome. But what is a "syndrome?" A syndrome is a term used when you don't "really" know what's wrong. It's kind of like Irritable Bowel Syndrome. That's basically what everyone is diagnosed with when all their tests come back normal, but they still complain of stomach problems. 


I don't want to be in that category!


My new name for the diet I follow: Gut & Psycology (Sarah). Why? Because even foods that are "allowed" on this diet, don't actually like me! Take a peek at the "Allowed" & "Not-Allowed" Foods. For example on the allowed list you will see beans & vegetables, most of which I can't eat. I will bloat and be miserable almost immediately. 

However, take "soy" which is technically not allowed. In small quanties, this is okay for me. I don't react. And in my Starbucks Misto this morning, it was less than 1c. for sure. I will not go overboard on soy anymore because I believe that soy intake needs to be moderated for the general population and most definitely for me. But if I don't react, I'm not taking it out just because GAPS says so. GAP(Sarah) says it's okay!

What you start to realize while on GAPS Diet is that once you re-introduce something, you'll know almost immediately if you react. Anyways I do! The basic concepts I hold close to me. After all, they have proved miracles!


Day 6 Food:
  • Slow-cooked chicken
  • Magic Mineral Broth
  • Homemade chicken broth
  • Slow-cooked turkey
  • Avocado
  • Broiled chicken in Olive Oil
  • Raw Coconut Butter
  • Extremely ripened bananas 
  • Fresh lemon squeezed into water and put onto broiled chicken 
  • Cayenne Pepper
  • Flax
  • Venti Half-Caf Soy Misto with 1 packet Honey
  • White Miso
  • 2 oz. Red Wine
  • Artisana 100% Raw Pecan with Cashew Butter
  • Probiotics
CHEERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment