Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day

Today is Father's Day. 

I am reminded of how fortunate I have been for the past 27 years to have an amazing Father. I have always been, "My His Girl."

My favorite thing I said about my Father last year on Father's day was:
"But my Dad would give the shirt off his back for a stranger. He would give his last penny to a friend in need in a heartbeat. And again, it's because he believes he has everything he wants. He has mastered a simple and beautiful life that I am striving for. I adore my Father."
I remind myself of these things so often. (Probably because I have seen such a lack in these values from people lately.) But reminding myself. And remembering where I'm from and how my Father taught me to treat people with respect, help them when they need help and trust even when it seems "off" get me through the little (because they are "little") things in life.

There are many reasons why I'd love to live back in Minnesota. My Father is one of them.  

I get my impatience from my Father. And my "unfiltered" language sometimes. I think I got his smile. And his long legs. I'm fairly certain I got his nose. I hope I got his dedicated, sincere work ethic. 

The world has been a much better place with my Father! I love you. Miss you. And I keep a special place for you in my heart....2,000 miles away!

Happy Father's Day!



No comments:

Post a Comment