Saturday, June 26, 2010

Kisses on the Beach

Then normal name is not Kisses on the Beach. It is Sex on the Beach.

I'm talking about the beverage!

Typically you make it (some version of) like this:
  • Vodka
  • Peach Schnapps
  • Cranberry Juice
  • Orange Juice
  • Optional: Cream on Top with an Orange or Cherry Garnish
I felt like having a drink tonight. Just one. So I concocted my own version. Vodka is allowed for me, so I got creative with it! Here is how I made it. These are all things that the GAP(Sarah) diet allows (and even the normal GAPS diet allows!):
  • Vodka
  • Water
  • Fresh-squeezed lemon juice
  • Fresh-squeezed lime juice
  • Fresh-squeezed orange juice
  • 4 Tbsp Coconut Milk
Clearly this is no Sex on the Beach. There is a missing "sugar" factor to mine. But my version likes me - I think it will like you, too! It's softer and easier on the stomach but still so sassy and delicious! Plus, for every one regular Sex on the Beach, "technically" you could have 2-3+ of these! Need I say more?!

Kisses on the Beach






I had a busy, fun and active day today with my husband and our dogs! Coffee and a walk this morning with the family, a 3+ mile run in the early afternoon and then I went for the first time ever with Ryan to the Driving Range to learn how to hit golf balls! More on that tomorrow...pictures included:)

Did you know there are a ton of great deals on healthy food at Safeway this weekend? Some to mention today:
  1. Green grapes - .88/pound
  2. Spinach - .99/bag
  3. Pre-cut Bell Peppers - .99/container
  4. Whole Portobella Mushroom - .99/each
  5. Sliced White Mushrooms - .99/container
  6. Foster Farms Extra Lean Ground Turkey - Buy one, get one free ($7/for 2)
Day 7 Food:
  • Slow-cooked chicken
  • Magic Mineral Broth
  • Homemade chicken broth
  • Extra lean turkey
  • Avocado
  • Broiled chicken with olive oil, honey & cinnamon
  • Raw Coconut Butter
  • Extremely ripened bananas 
  • Cayenne Pepper
  • Flax
  • Venti Half-Caf Soy Misto with 1 packet Honey
  • White Miso
  • Kisses on the Beach
  • Artisana 100% Raw Pecan with Cashew Butter
  • Probiotics
 CHEERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment