Saturday, June 19, 2010

I Guess this is the "Confessions" Part

Almost a year has passed since I did my first-ever GAPS Day. I can't believe it. Monday, August 3, 2009. Remember? If not, HERE it is.

Here is where I guess the "Confessions" part of my Blog Title come into play. After my first hugely successful "bout" with the GAPS Diet, I stopped. Why? Because quite honestly I got so sick of it. It's so hard to stick to. It's boring. It's blah after awhile. 

But I have been so sick lately. I'm on to a new doctor, hoping that this 2nd opinion is the opinion I'm looking for. If not, like I mentioned earlier, I may seek out the Mayo Clinic. So I had tests done. I get the results this week. (He seems to think Celiac. I don't think it's that - already been tested for that.)

In the meantime, I've just been more miserable. I've been eating what I want, but at the same time I've been watching calories (counting them) and working out 5-6 days a week (via my Summer Workout). But something wasn't adding up. I felt like I was doing things right, but my body was telling me otherwise. Most days I feel like I'm 6-months pregnant - I'm not:)

If I'm to be completely transparent with you, here is a list of common daily foods for me these past few months: Wheat, gluten, dairy, soy, artificial sugars, additives/chemicals of all sorts, heavy caffeine and sugar, sugar and more sugar. And the funny thing is that I tried to be fat-free, sugar-free - always. And I nailed it a lot. But....the miserable feelings have persisted.

I'm exhausted.

I really am.

Time to go back to a time when I felt phenomenal. I sat here today and read several posts from Monday, August 3, 2009 on. Wow! That was refreshing. So refreshing! 

And for once, I'm hopeful again. All I need to do is put the time in. Put my energy in. Put my thoughts in. No one can do it but me, and no one could ever understand why I have to do this but me. 


After so many "wrong" things lately, this is something that I'm going to do for me. I need to focus on me. Once I'm feeling at my optimal again, the world will seem so much more friendly. I'm certain of it!

Here we go.... 

CHEERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment