Monday, August 3, 2009

Day 1 GAPS Diet

Day 113.

Today began my first day with the GAPS Diet. I am so proud of myself that I got through the day!

I woke up tired. I didn't have to work until 11am today. I typically hit the gym before work. But when I woke up at 6:40 am and felt like a zombie, I decided that was not in the plans for today! My body was sore and achy from my 9 mi run yesterday. So, I went downstairs, grabbed a big glass of water and jumped back in bed. I called my mom, read a little and enjoyed the cool breeze coming through our windows, while my dogs slept by me. I fell asleep again. I woke up at 9am ready to start the day for real:)

I had the worst headache for most of the day. It went away late afternoon. I was very tired all day as well. BUT, NO BLOAT! None. Zero. Nada. I believe if I can get past the headaches and fatigues, I'll be set free!

Here is what I ate today:
  • Chicken (from the slow-cooked chicken I made Saturday - more on this amazing discovery later!)
  • Homemade Chicken Broth
  • Magic Mineral Broth
  • Broiled Salmon + Lemon + Coconut Oil
And that was it. That's all I ate the entire day. I made sure to take my Probiotics, HCL and Enzymes.

I found some more resources on the GAPS Diet today that I thought I'd share:
More from me tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment