Thursday, August 6, 2009

Thank You Stubborn Persistence

Day 116.

Day 4 for the GAPS Diet for me. I am happy to report that, again, I felt great today! Finally! I moved down from 4 (to 3) HCL's starting at my second meal (4 was too much 1st meal); this is great!

I had energy. I woke up with the dogs at 6am. I hung out, finished making my broth, worked out, hung out more and then worked all afternoon/night. My throat is still hurting a little. I can deal with that. (Our Director of Operations had Strep before leaving for vacation last Friday. I might guess that I was getting it or had a touch of it, but then due to the detox, I was able to recover. OR, my "die off" symptoms are "dying off!") My mouth was about a 3/4 today. A few times of annoyance; nothing significant.

And here is something all you ladies out there will appreciate like no man can: I got my "female monthly friend tonight," and yet, NO BLOATING! None. Not even a little. At all!

Here is what I ate today (new additions):
  • Chicken
  • Homemade Chicken Broth
  • Magic Mineral Broth
  • Broiled Salmon + Lemon + Coconut Oil
  • Ground Turkey - slowcooked
  • Raw Sauerkraut, Raw Vegi-Delite, White Miso
  • Artisana Raw Walnut/Cashew Butter
  • Coconut Milk (more than usual) w/ ~1/4-1/2 c. weak coffee
  • (Extremely well-cooked) mashed garlic (which I added to my broths)
I made sure to take my Probiotics, HCL (went down to 3 from 4 for 2nd meal), Enzymes and Fish Oil.

I do believe I'm floating on a cloud with happiness right now. I can't help but wonder what's going to come next in my discovery? I've never taken it this slow with re-introducing foods. My next step will be the extremely well-cooked, skinned and de-seeded veggies and (maybe) one type of (well-cooked) fruit. I will stay there for awhile, trying new and different ones. I will catch these culprits if it's the last thing on earth I do:)

I am absolutely optimistic now. I've never had this many stomach symptom-free days! And I do believe I have my "stubborn persistence" to thank for this! Thank you! I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment