Sunday, August 9, 2009

Day 7 with GAPS

Day 119.

Day 7 with GAPS.

I "Ran Like a Girl" with my Nike Running Group in Danville this morning. I moved up (or rather down!) a group, to the 9 minute pace group vs. 9:30 minute pace group. We did 8 miles today.

It was extra challenging today for some reason. I am guessing it was a combination of the drop in time along with the fact that I have barely had any carbs this week! Next Sunday I may have to try a little coffee before the run.

Post-run, too, I was extremely hungry. I decided that that's probably the hardest thing for me right now - lack of food post-run. I realize that I just need to get creative and figure it out. It was nice to have a run with no side pain or bloat!

This week I'm going to Nike's Headquarters in Oregon. I got chosen to be a Nike+ Human Race Ambassador for the 2009 Race. I will have much more information coming soon on this. I will say this - I am so excited! I can barely wait to get there and learn all about it - and then to get out and promote!

The pain in my upper stomach went away this afternoon (I wonder if I was eating too much of the raw sauerkraut, etc? I went back to just the juice today). My stomach growled a couple of times, and I went to the bathroom, though it was fairly loose. I wonder about that flax from yesterday? I was not bloated in an uncomfortable way at all today, though perhaps a tiny, tiny bit upon waking (again, perhaps the flax?). My mouth was great, ~2/3 Level. My energy was great, once I kept eating and eating to regain strength after the run.

Here is what I ate today (new additions):
  • Chicken
  • Chicken Broth
  • Magic Mineral Broth
  • Ground Turkey - slowcooked
  • Wild Salmon - slowcooked
  • Raw Sauerkraut, Raw Vegi-Delite, White Miso
  • Artisana Raw Walnut/Cashew Butter
  • ~2oz Red Wine
  • Coconut Milk Tonic (100% Pure Coconut Water - Vita Coco, Coconut Milk & 1 tsp Organic Vanilla Extract)
  • Weak Coffee + Coconut Milk Light + Honey)
  • Cooked Carrots (then mashed) with Ghee & Cinnamon/Honey
  • Banana (fairly ripe) - post run
  • Cooked Kombu cooked with Coconut Oil
I made sure to take my Probiotics, HCL, Enzymes and Fish Oil. I also took one serving of the Magnesium Citrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment