Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Not Always Ideal

Day 129.

Day 17 with GAPS.

I felt great today. However, it was just "one of those days" in "other ways."

I got home around 3pm. I knew that a good run had to be in my plans. I also knew that I was not feeling being inside at the gym. Why would I want to be inside when I could burn my energy out in the sun?! WRONG! It was 95 degrees out.

I started out okay. It was hot, but I could handle that. Around mile 1.5 I was faced to be running towards the wind. We live in Mountain House, CA. If you've never been here before you wouldn't understand, but it's windy here. This is the "mini-windy-city!" So it was hot and then it was super windy. I kept going.

Due to the heat, I figured I should stop after just a few miles. But then, I looked at my Nike+ SportBand and that dang addiction set in! (But yes, it's a great addiction to have!) I just wanted to go longer and cover more distance. And so I did.

Photobucket

And again, due to the heat (and the tank I was wearing), my right arm started to really chafe around mile 4. Not a pleasant feeling, but at that point, I was almost done with my run. I kept moving. (And yeah, I should have worn my 2009 Nike+ 10K Human Race Shirt.)

Photobucket

I finished my run at 4.6 miles. Hot. Dripping with sweat. Stinging arm. Not a single ounce of "sex appeal" to me. But really, I couldn't have cared less. And why? Because I believe in LEADING BY EXAMPLE. I want the Pied Pipers to be strong. I want the Pied Pipers to go a little faster and a little longer than they thought they would/could. And I wanted to contribute in any way I could today. That's what a Leader is supposed to do!

Photobucket

Are you ready to join Team Pied Pipers yet? We would love to have you!

1. Register for the Nike+ Human Race
2. Join Team Pied Pipers

Here is what I ate today (no new additions):
  • Chicken
  • Avocado
  • Magic Mineral Broth
  • Chicken Broth
  • Ground Turkey - slowcooked
  • Raw Sauerkraut, Raw Vegi-Delite, White Miso
  • Artisana Raw Pecan/Cashew Butter
  • 100% Pure Coconut Water
  • Honey
  • Banana * 1.5
  • Wild Salmon Burger
  • Red Wine
I made sure to take my Probiotics, HCL, Enzymes and Fish Oil today.

No comments:

Post a Comment