Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Mind over Matter

Day 114.

Day 2 of the GAPS; still in Stage 1. Leah said to stay in Stage 1 for 1-2 days. I decided to extend it out to 2 days.

I woke up at 6am today; I actually got up and started my day then, as I wanted to hit the gym before work. Talk about Cardio on an empty stomach! (I ate just a few pieces of chicken before I left, though, since I knew I'd lift a little as well.) So I ran my Nike workout for the day; 4 miles. I pushed myself all the way to 7.6 for a mile! I was so proud! I lifted a little post-run. My workout gave me energy; it felt great.

Fast forward to post-workout, though. Extreme drop in energy. I drank water, had broth and chicken. But I crashed. And I got hungry again around 11am. I ate. And then shortly after I was still hungry. This did not happen yesterday, but I did not workout yesterday either.

My whole day was fairly unpleasant. The fatigue was miserable. My throat hurt. I feel like I have a cold, but (as of now) I don't. My head hurt on and off, too. BUT....again today, no bloat. No stomach problems. It was an A+ stomach day. My mouth is even doing pretty well. I had about a level 3/4 yesterday and today.

Here is what I ate today (new additions):
  • Chicken
  • Homemade Chicken Broth
  • Magic Mineral Broth
  • Broiled Salmon + Lemon + Coconut Oil
And that was it. That's all I ate the entire day. I made sure to take my Probiotics, HCL, Enzymes and Fish Oil.

What I realized from my day today was that everything is truly Mind over Matter. We learned at my Nike Running Group in Danville last week the Psychology of Running and how important it is for those long runs. They called it, "Mind over Muscle." I believe these are very important. I am working on it. It's hard, though, especially when all I want is some fruit or my fruit fusion bars or just simply something to make me feel like I'm eating more to trick my mind into energy. But, I know that it must just come from within me.

Going to bed before 7pm tonight. I'm so tired, and I have to get up at 3am to go to work. Oh the joys!

No comments:

Post a Comment