Monday, May 17, 2010

Garlic Breath

Do you eat garlic? If not, you should!

Lately, I have been highly interested in herbs/spices and anything that can naturally "flavor" without the added calories or additives.

I'm starting with Garlic today because it has quickly become an obsession of mine.

Three garlic on white background, close-up
It's simple and beautiful. Garlic, according to the Wikipedia, "The cloves are used for cloning, consumption (raw or cooked), or for medicinal purposes, and have a characteristic pungent, spicy flavor that mellows and sweetens considerably with cooking."
Garlic has many benefits: 
- Cardiovascular
- Anti-Inflammatory, Antibacterial, Antiviral Activity
- Cancer protection
- Promotes optimal health
- Promotes weight control
- And more!
You can learn all about those from the WH Foods HERE.


Here is my favorite thing (currently) to do with Garlic: Garlic "French Fries." Don't get too excited, though, there are not any actual potatoes involved. 

We bake boneless, skinless chicken almost every night. So we place rosemary and garlic all around the chicken. I typically put 2 whole pieces of garlic on the pan - NOT 2 garlic bulbs, but the entire garlic head. I leave the garlic in it's "shell." The pan is coated with a little olive oil and sea salt. 

We bake the chicken, rosemary and garlic for about 25 minutes on 425 degrees. When the garlic comes out, peel away the "skin." It's just like a Garlic French Fry, but minus the "French Fry!" I love it so much I can eat an entire garlic head!

I worried this might not be good for me until I read an article that stated, "You can never eat enough garlic." Whew!

And ps. Who cares about your Garlic Breath!

No comments:

Post a Comment