Wednesday, May 26, 2010

It's Getting Hot in Here

I've been eating Cayenne Pepper with everything lately. I once went on a detox where they said you should drink hot water with lemon and a pinch of Cayenne Pepper. So I listened. And I did it. I hated it. It's been a few years since, but I decided to revisit the spice. And I have to say, I'm glad to be back - on my own terms of course! (Which, as we all know, is critical to the success of anything we do in life!)
Cayenne Pepper
So what exactly is Cayenne Pepper and why is it so good for us?

Cayenne Pepper, according to the Wikipedia is, "a hot, red chili pepper used to flavor dishes and for medicinal purposes."


The spice is so good for us because it is high in Vitamin A and also contains Vitamin B6, Vitamin E, Vitamin C, Riboflavin, Potassium and Manganese.


And According to The Healing Daily Website, "Ayurveda also utilizes cayenne to treat poor digestion and gas. Chinese medicine uses Cayenne for digestive ailments. When taken internally, cayenne soothes the digestive tract and stimulates the flow of stomach secretions and saliva. These secretions contain substances which help digest food."


There are many things you can do with Cayenne Pepper. Here is my latest and greatest recipe I use it with:
  • 1/2 c. oatmeal
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 1/2 c. extra lean ground turkey
  • a couple pinches of cayenne pepper
  • pinch of sea salt and pepper
I'm sure this looks like a weird combination. It is! But it's so good. I eat it for breakfast. All I do is literally mix it all together. There is no sugar, but instead all the healthy protein, fat and complex carbohydrates to get your day off right!

Try my recipe for breakfast tomorrow or put some Cayenne Pepper on your Grilled Chicken tonight. And then just wait and watch it getting "hot in there!"

No comments:

Post a Comment