- I feel free.
- I feel strong.
- My mind takes me to places that only 10+ miles can take you.
- I can listen to one hell of a playlist.
- I love the way "getting into a rhythm" feels.
- I get a happy, sappy-kind of emotional.
- I overcome the "what-if-Ican't" fears.
- I am forced to stay fairly strict with the GAPS Diet. If not, my stomach will tell me at mile 3 or 4:)
- I feel a high that only 10+ can give me.
- Because I CAN love it!
Sunday, February 21, 2010
10 Reasons for 10 Miles
It's been 4+ months since I've run as far as I ran today. In honor of this, I thought it would be only appropriate to give the Top 10 Reasons that I love 10+ Miles:
I have been much too concerned these past few months about the fact that "running breaks down muscle." And I have been much too concerned with what other people think of long-distance running.
At the end of the day (as long as I'm smart about how I'm running and not in awful pain) running makes me happy. And perhaps that's reason #11 - the BEST reason - RUNNING. MAKES. ME. HAPPY.
I don't think one can understand until, literally, you walk (or run) in someone else's shoes. I'm a happier, more relaxed and energetic person. Want proof? Just ask my husband:)
So stop thinking, lace up and get running! Cheers! And ps. I'm taking the plunge - June 6th, San Diego Rock 'n Roll MARATHON!