Wednesday, August 4, 2010

7-Week Program

I began my new 7-Week Workout Program on Monday. (Side Note: Why 7 weeks and not 4, 6 or 8 - something a little more normal?! Because I'm headed to MN again in 7-weeks, so I wanted it to extend right up until then!) 

Each time a workout series ends for me, (roughly 4-8 weeks) I typically take a week or two off and just do whatever I want at the gym, outside or wherever! This keeps me motivated, fresh and defers me from any burnout!

So I started a new Program this week! I am loving it already, especially because after Day 1 I was extremely sore! This is kind of a "quirky" program, but it's one that changes, yet doesn't change each week. The weight/reps/sets will change each week. The movements won't!

So here is what I did on Monday that left me sore up until today (and I am still mildly sore!):

Woman lifting dumbbell

Shoulder + Tricep + Bicep (+ Set of Abs)

1 (a). Rope/Cable Overhead Extension
1 (b). DB Military Press (Make "Y")
- 4 sets; RI = 30 sec. -

2 (a). King Throne with 5 lb weight
2 (b). Grasshoppers
- 4 sets; RI = 30 sec. - 

3 (a). Bench Dip (w/ feet up on other bench)
3 (b). DB Front Raise on one-leg
- 4 sets; RI = 30 sec. -

4 (a). Cable Pushdown
4 (b). DB Lat Raise on one-leg
-  4 sets; RI = 30 sec. -


5 (a). One-Arm DB Tri Kickbacks

5 (b). Alternating DB Shoulder Press
5 (c). BB Curl
- 4 sets; RI = 30 sec. -

I loved it & it loved me because I was exhausted and shaky at the end. This always tells me I gave it 110%.

Stay tuned to tomorrow, when I'll give the Leg Workout I did today!

CHEERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment