Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I've Been Hired!

 (In case you don't follow my site www.digitalmention.com - post from today!)


There is one less person on the job market now that #HireHoff has been hired!

If you remember, on June 14, 2010 I launched my Campaign #HireHoff.



I had an overwhelming amount of support during this time. Here were some of my favorites:
Here are some Stats:
  • According to this Poll, most people think it will take them 4-7 months to find a new job. It took me 43 days.
  • Here is what you get if you Google #HireHoff.
  • 409 people clicked on the direct bit.ly link.
  • Viewer Geography: US, Canada, Australia, UK, Argentina, Netherlands, Germany, Latvia, Italy, Brazil, Japan, Norway, Czech Republic, Bulgaria, Switzerland, Russia, Belgium, France and Singapore.
  • Direct Traffic: 29.33%, Referring Sites: 67.03%, Search Engines: 2.91%.
  • Currently a Top Landing Page for the site.
I had multiple people contact me during this time for various positions. I was able to network with some wonderful people, and I learned a lot about being proactive and managing my own brand: Sarah Kay Hoffman!

So what position did I take on that 43rd day?
Community Manager - Fitness/Sporting Goods (FitClub) - Sears Holdings Corporation.
If you know anything about me, you know that I am most passionate about Social Media and Health/Fitness/Food. Merging the two is an absolute perfect fit for me! I believe that a company who can take advantage of this will benefit - at least that's what I am making a 100% commitment to!

I look forward to learning about and engaging with the "community." I am excited to embrace change, growth and success in this role and bringing forth many posts to accommodate it all! (Please note: This blog will continue to be based on my personal views.)

At the end of the day, I can honestly say that even though I was forced into Campaign #HireHoff, it only re-confirmed that, "everything happens for a reason!"

No comments:

Post a Comment