It can be hard to find your Monday Motivation when your bored with your workout!
Working out should not be a "chore." It should be something you look forward to. And if you are constantly changing it up and finding new things to add to the mix, you will likely never be bored!
- Go for a hike.
- Go horseback riding.
- Change up your lifting workout every 4-8 weeks.
- Make a (short term) goal (Ex. Complete 10 full pushups by week 4).
- Make a (long term) goal (Ex. Complete a half marathon in 5 months).
- Make a new Playlist.
- Join a walking/running club.
- Listen to Podcasts/Audio Books while working out.
- Sign up for a Charity Event.
- Hula Hoop.
- Hot Yoga.
- Table Tennis.
- Take a spin class.
- Multi-task with Circuit Training.
- Join an Online Fitness Community.
- Get new workout apparel - shoes, shirts, shorts, headbands, etc.
- Get a new workout "gadget," like a fancy heartrate monitor or step counter.
- Workout at a different time of the day than what you are used to.
- Write down 10 reasons you workout. Place this list somewhere you'll see multiple times a day.
- Always use machines? Try free weights or cables or resistance bands.
- Go for a long bike ride.
- Swim laps.
- Play beach volleyball.
- Live near a lake? Go paddle boating.
- Take dance lessons.
- Try Pilates.
- Check out Tony Horton's P90X.
- Always run or walk? Mix it up with the Stair Master, Elliptical, Stair Stepper or Bike.
- Take a new group class you've always wanted to take, but never got around to taking. (Ex. Zumba)
- Mow the lawn.
- Go to a track and do sprints.
- Indoor wall-climbing.
- Have kids? Wash the car together! (Ok, so you don't really have to have kids for this!)
- Jump rope.
- See how many sit-ups you can do in between each commercial of an hour-long show/movie or more.
- Wii-Fit. Need I say more?
- Take a martial arts, Tae-Bo or kickboxing class.
- Get your booty in gear - participate in a Boot Camp.
Clearly there are many more than 38 Ways to Beat this Boredom! So tell me - how do you beat exercise boredom? What are some good ideas (activities - things to do) to add to this list?