Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Banana/Coconut-Hemp Smoothie

Day 86.

I made the most wonderful smoothie today. I call it my Banana/Coconut-Hemp Smoothie. Here were the ingredients:
  • 1 Tbsp Trader Joe's Vanilla Hemp Protein Powder
  • About 1/2 Tbsp Coconut flakes
  • 1 packet Stevia
  • 1/2 Banana
  • Water + ice
It's such a quick and easy "re-fueling" food, too. I had it before my night workout. This hemp protein powder is from Trader Joe's. In 2 Tbsp there are 11 g/fiber! There are barely any ingredients in the hemp powder, so I find it to be the only protein powder I will put into my body. This is what the powder looks like:

Photobucket

Light, fluffy and green. Don't be afraid of the color! For more information on Hemp, click HERE.

I felt pretty good today. I had good energy! My mouth would go in-and-out of being annoyed. It went from a 2/3 to a 6/ today. Odd! My stomach was bloated for a few hours in the early evening. It hurt some to run. Just twisted, that's all. Breathe.....

Here was my day:

Breakfast #1 (Pre-workout)
  • 1/2 Fruit Fusion
Breakfast (Post-workout)
  • Steel Cut Oats + Unsweetened Rice Milk+ Nutribiotic Vanilla Rice Protein Powder
  • 1/2 Chicken Apple Link
Snack
  • Nutribiotic Vanilla Rice Protein Powder with Unsweetened Rice Milk, Coconut Milk Light, Flax, Banana and Stevia
Lunch
  • (Steamed) Spinach + garlic
  • 1/2 c. Quinoa mixed with Lean Turkey and ACV
  • 1/4 Fruit Fusion
Snack (pre-workout)
  • Banana/Coconut-Hemp Smoothie
Dinner
  • 1/2 Chicken Apple Link
  • 1 c. unsweetened applesauce
  • Spinach + Spirulina
  • Organic Apricot
I hope you made it a beautiful day today! If not, make tomorrow one!

No comments:

Post a Comment