Sunday, July 5, 2009

Lake Del Valle

(Still on) Day 84.

It was such a perfectly beautiful day today!

After my first blog posting this morning, Ryan and I decided that we were going to go hiking today.

We had breakfast, got ready and stopped by Peets to grab a latte. Ryan laughed at me because I sat there and stared at the latte, the milk and how the whole thing glistened in the sunlight. I was just enjoying its beauty.

After Peets, we went to VW (I'm looking to buy a new Jetta). We stayed there for about an hour, but told them we had to be somewhere at noon.

And we did - Lake Del Valle in Livermore!

Photobucket

We went on about a 5 mile hike at Lake Del Valle. It was beautiful. I could feel the sun hit my skin just perfectly today.

Photobucket

The lake was gorgeous. As a matter of fact, at times I thought the lake was a turquois color - reminded me of the ocean. The trees were calming and I saw a few willows, too.

Photobucket

We stopped for a quick break, just to take in the beauty.

Photobucket

The time just flew - 5 miles seemed like a mile stroll.

When we got home, I went for about a 3 mile run, since I needed to for my training. It was a nice run. I was so hot when I got home. I decided that a nice, long Epsom Salt bath would do me well. And it did. Felt great!

Ryan and I enjoyed an Ahi Tuna meal together. Grilled Ahi is so good. Better yet, grilled Wild Ahi!

I'm so happy I was able to end the weekend with zen!

I felt okay today. My stomach was upset first thing this morning. I expected that, though, as we drank a lot of Coconut Rum to celebrate the 4th! I got a little bloated before my run. The run and then the bath alleviated that problem. My mouth was okay yesterday, maybe only like a 4/5. Today it's been more like a 5/6. When it starts getting bad, I've just been reminding myself - breathe.

Here was my day:

Breakfast
  • Rice & Shine + Unsweetened Rice Milk+ Nutribiotic Vanilla Rice Protein Powder
  • Banana
  • Small Peets Soy Latte + Stevia
Lunch (Pre-Run)
  • Organic Apple
  • 1/2 Fruit Fusion
  • Spinach + ACV + Sea Salt
Dinner
  • Spinach, Zuchinni, Garlic + ACV + Sea Salt + Fish Oil + Spirulina
  • Ahi Tuna
  • Unsweetened Applesauce
Have a beautiful week!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment