A big, fat Green fridge.
No, I'm not talking about an actual green fridge, although I think I'd really love one!
I'm talking about making the foods that go into this fridge be "green." I was reading an article today from Food and Wine Magazine called, "Eco Checklist: Stock a Green Fridge." The article was fabulous! It was all about the ultimate eco-friendly refrigerated products.
Directly from the article, these were my favorite sites:
- Citizenbean.com You had to know that a Coffee one would be one of my favorites! You can learn more about them at their site. However, what I really appreciate from this site is their blog - Coffee with a Conscience. I love coffee so much, but what you must know about Coffee is that it is not all created equal! The reason Leah didn't want me to have coffee in the first place wasn't because I reacted to it. It was because of the chemicals that get put into it and the way that it's processed. Not always is my cup of Joe in the morning good for me, even when it kicks me into high gear! I believe that Citizenbean.com works to resolve this problem. It specifically says on their site, "brings a new meaning to having a fresh cup of coffee."
- Lacensebeef.com I like a good burger every now and then. I believe that, unless processed, chemical-filled or dangerous, there isn't a single food group anyone should avoid. I don't eat a ton of meat, but I know that I eat enough. The problem is, I don't eat the good quality as I need to. Welcome to Lacensebeef.com! They pride themselves on their 100% grass-fed beef. Their beef also contains no pesticides, antibiotics or hormones. It's because of places like this that I am happy to be, as Leah would say, a "Flexitarian."
- Wildedibles.com Where would I be without seafood? I love seafood! Don't be fooled, though. You cannot just go to the store and buy farm-raised fish. Make sure it's Wild! It's so important; farm-raised fish contains PCB's. You can learn all about these dangerous mixtures here.
- Fruit Fusion
- Protein Pancake with Coconut Oil
- Unsweetened applesauce
- Cafe Au Lait (Vanilla Soy + Stevia)
- (Steamed) Spinach + sea salt
- 1/2 c. Quinoa mixed with XLean Turkey + dill
- Coconut-Hemp-Nutribiotic Vanilla Protein Smoothie
- Lean Turkey
- Whole Foods Chicken
- 2 pieces each of: watermelon, cantaloupe, pineapple
- Organic, Raw Carrot
- Romaine Lettuce + spirulina
- Grilled Tuna + Spinach - cooked in Coconut Oil
- Maple Syrup + Balsamic Vinaigrette + Vanilla Extract
- Organic honeydew melon + mango
- Unsweetened applesauce