Monday, July 20, 2009

Protein Pancake

Day 99.

Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day! And it should be, too. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I will never miss a breakfast meal.

I love pancakes. I used to love these Honey Wheat Pancakes at the Original Pancake House in Minnesota. I would eat a whole plate of them. Ryan would eat a whole plate of the Chocolate Chip Pancakes. Pancakes are like dessert for breakfast - cake in the morning - terrible sugar to get you going for the day!

Once I started working out a lot, I discovered Protein Pancakes. I made these almost every morning. They consisted of: 1 scoop protein powder, 1/2 c. Oatmeal and 3 egg whites. I would cook them with Pan Spray and then use Sugar Free syrup to top them off. Better....I was surely on my way to a "healthier" pancake.

Fast forward to me finding out that Eggs are a huge no-no for me. Now what was I supposed to do?

Today I figured it out! And now, here's a great new breakfast for all of you Fitness Buffs (or non-fitness buffs) to try out:
  • 1 serving Chocolate Nutribiotic Rice Protein
  • 1/4 c. Bob's Rolled Oats
  • 2 Tbsp Flax + 6 Tbsp Water (Yes, my egg substitute!)
  • Pinch cinnamon
  • Pinch stevia
Photobucket

I did not use any unnatural pan spray (but you need to use something, or it sticks too much - try Olive Oil Spray). I also did not use any unnatural syrups (Note: To make your own natural syrup, buy the flavor of fruit you like and freeze it. As it unthaws the leftover juice makes a great, natural syrup. ie. Blueberries). I literally just enjoyed the pancake as it was. Protein. Complex Carbs. Healthy Fats. My day started out fabulous!

Here was my day:


Breakfast (Post-Workout)
  • 1/4 Fruit Fusion
  • Protein Pancake
  • Cafe Au Lait (Vanilla Soy + Stevia)
Lunch
  • (Steamed) Spinach + ACV + sea salt
  • 1/2 c. Quinoa mixed with XLean Turkey + dill
  • Nutribiotic Vanilla Rice Protein Powder with Unsweetened Rice Milk, Coconut Light Milk, Flax, 4 raspberries and Stevia
Snack
  • Coconut-Hemp Smoothie
  • Lean Turkey
Dinner
  • Organic, Raw Carrot
  • Romaine Lettuce + spirulina
  • Grilled Tuna + Spinach - cooked in Coconut Oil
  • Maple Syrup + Balsamic Vinaigrette + Vanilla Extract
  • Organic Apple
I'm starting to get fairly bloated. Left side pain today and bloat. My mouth is definitely annoyed again; about a 7/8 today. My right eye twitched a few times. I'm breaking out a little. Overall, the weekend has caught up with me:(

But hey, tomorrow is another day....and a glorious morning with my new Protein Pancake!

No comments:

Post a Comment