There was an error in this gadget

Monday, July 20, 2009

Protein Pancake

Day 99.

Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day! And it should be, too. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I will never miss a breakfast meal.

I love pancakes. I used to love these Honey Wheat Pancakes at the Original Pancake House in Minnesota. I would eat a whole plate of them. Ryan would eat a whole plate of the Chocolate Chip Pancakes. Pancakes are like dessert for breakfast - cake in the morning - terrible sugar to get you going for the day!

Once I started working out a lot, I discovered Protein Pancakes. I made these almost every morning. They consisted of: 1 scoop protein powder, 1/2 c. Oatmeal and 3 egg whites. I would cook them with Pan Spray and then use Sugar Free syrup to top them off. Better....I was surely on my way to a "healthier" pancake.

Fast forward to me finding out that Eggs are a huge no-no for me. Now what was I supposed to do?

Today I figured it out! And now, here's a great new breakfast for all of you Fitness Buffs (or non-fitness buffs) to try out:
  • 1 serving Chocolate Nutribiotic Rice Protein
  • 1/4 c. Bob's Rolled Oats
  • 2 Tbsp Flax + 6 Tbsp Water (Yes, my egg substitute!)
  • Pinch cinnamon
  • Pinch stevia
Photobucket

I did not use any unnatural pan spray (but you need to use something, or it sticks too much - try Olive Oil Spray). I also did not use any unnatural syrups (Note: To make your own natural syrup, buy the flavor of fruit you like and freeze it. As it unthaws the leftover juice makes a great, natural syrup. ie. Blueberries). I literally just enjoyed the pancake as it was. Protein. Complex Carbs. Healthy Fats. My day started out fabulous!

Here was my day:


Breakfast (Post-Workout)
  • 1/4 Fruit Fusion
  • Protein Pancake
  • Cafe Au Lait (Vanilla Soy + Stevia)
Lunch
  • (Steamed) Spinach + ACV + sea salt
  • 1/2 c. Quinoa mixed with XLean Turkey + dill
  • Nutribiotic Vanilla Rice Protein Powder with Unsweetened Rice Milk, Coconut Light Milk, Flax, 4 raspberries and Stevia
Snack
  • Coconut-Hemp Smoothie
  • Lean Turkey
Dinner
  • Organic, Raw Carrot
  • Romaine Lettuce + spirulina
  • Grilled Tuna + Spinach - cooked in Coconut Oil
  • Maple Syrup + Balsamic Vinaigrette + Vanilla Extract
  • Organic Apple
I'm starting to get fairly bloated. Left side pain today and bloat. My mouth is definitely annoyed again; about a 7/8 today. My right eye twitched a few times. I'm breaking out a little. Overall, the weekend has caught up with me:(

But hey, tomorrow is another day....and a glorious morning with my new Protein Pancake!

No comments:

Post a Comment