Sunday, July 26, 2009

Salmon & Quinoa Citrus Salad

Day 105.

It was a wonderful weekend! Ryan's birthday is on Tuesday, so we spent the whole day yesterday celebrating!

I will post tomorrow with all the places we went and the things we did.

Tonight I want to tell you about the dinner I made for us tonight. I made a Salmon salad, with Quinoa and homemade dressing. I highly recommend it. Here is how I did it (served enough for Ryan and I):
  • Chopped Romaine Lettuce
  • ~ 1 c. Quinoa with fresh squeezed lemon/sea salt/pepper
  • Grilled Salmon
  • Dressing: 2 Tbsp Olive Oil + 3 Tbsp fresh squeezed orange juice + sea salt + pepper
Mix it all together. Unbelievable! A clean eat, with a citrus twist.

Yesterday I felt ok for most of the day. I did not feel good, at all, at night. I felt achy and flu-like. However, no mouth problems. Today my fatigue finally lifted. The spell since Tuesday has hopefully been broken (well, at least until last night's dinner catches up with me). The fatigue this past week was so awful. That may be almost worse sometimes than the rest of the reactions I get. I felt great today - worked out a ton. I got the red dots in my cheeks last night after dinner, which makes sense because we ate out and because my mouth is annoying me just a tad bit more than yesterday. I would say it was about a 3/4 today vs a 1/2 yesterday. I was great until about 3pm today, then I got bloated. My left side hurt (bloat) from there on out.

Here was my day:

Breakfast (pre-6 mile run)
  • Fruit Fusion
Snack (post workout)
  • Peets medium soy latte + stevia
  • Banana
Breakfast
  • Protein Pancake
  • Unsweetened applesauce
  • Lean turkey
Lunch (pre-workout)
  • 1/2 c. Quinoa mixed with Lean Turkey + paprika
Snack (post-workout)
  • Apple
  • Organic baby carrots
  • Watermelon
Dinner
  • Salmon & Quinoa Citrus Salad
  • Small glass red wine
  • Watermelon
And we're off to another week......

No comments:

Post a Comment