It's not always easy. It's not always fun. BUT....eating few foods and few ingredients can still be good!
I know a girl from back home who just found out there are many foods she cannot have, either. Her nutritionist put her on a very strict diet and is adding food in every week. Here is a comprehensive list of what she can eat currently:
- Chicken. Turkey. Millet. Quinoa (but she doesn't like this one). Green Pea. Mushroom. Carrot. Apricot. Grapefruit. Banana. Orange. Cheddar Cheese. American Cheese. Olive. Cashew. Honey. Mustard. Maple. Crab. Barley. Amaranth. Eggplant. Celery. Cucumber. Honeydew Melon. Avocado. Grape. Plum. Whey. Cottage Cheese. Pistachio. Almond. Black Pepper.
- Fruit Cup: 1/4 c. each of: Apricot, Grapefruit, Banana, Grapes, Honeydew Melon and Orange (If desired - Added Protein: 1/2 c. Nonfat Cottage Cheese.)
- Millet "Oatmeal": Millet mixed with a tiny Organic Maple Syrup and chopped Almonds.
- Cucumber/Carrot/Banana Food Smoothie: 1 Cucumber + 1 Carrot + Banana
- Salad: Green Pea, Mushroom, Carrots, Celery and Cucumber. (If desired - Added Protein: Grilled Chicken or Turkey.)(Dressing: 1 part honey and 1 part mustard. May need to add a little water to thin out.)
- Salad: Millet (cooked ~ 1/2-1 c.) mixed with Grilled chicken, chopped Almonds and Olives.
- Cubed Chicken + Cubed American Cheese + Sliced Cashews
- Stir Fry: Grilled Chicken or Turkey + Green Peas + Mushroom + Celery + Slivered Almonds. Add just a touch of Honey/Maple Syrup and Pepper (if desired)
- "Pasta": Melt cheese. Add grilled mushrooms to it. Pour it over Quinoa (just try it!) and add either Grilled Chicken or Turkey to it.
- Almond "Sandwich": 2 Almonds + 1 small dried apricot ring. (Apricot goes in between the almonds) Make a few of these.
- Celery + Raw, Unsalted Almond Butter.
- Freeze grapes. Eat them frozen. Enough said!
"Eat Boring, Have an Exciting Life."That is such a true statement. And we need to remember this when life "gets us down" about what we can/cannot have!
I felt pretty good today. I lifted this morning and did my 8-mile run tonight! My mouth was about a 5/6. My stomach was not bloated at all. It hurt a little post run after I ate. Not bloated, just things were moving.
I am so excited for tomorrow - Kenny Chesney in San Francisco!
Here was my day:
- 1/4 Fruit Fusion
- Steel Cut Oats + Unsweetened Rice Milk+ Nutribiotic Vanilla Rice Protein Powder
- Cafe Au Lait (Vanilla Soy + Stevia)
- Nutribiotic Vanilla Rice Protein Powder with Unsweetened Rice Milk, Coconut Light Milk, Flax, and Stevia
- (Steamed) Spinach + garlic
- 1/2 c. Quinoa mixed with XLean Turkey + dill
- Coconut-Hemp Smoothie
- Raw, Organic Carrot
- XLean Turkey + dill
- 1/2 Fruit Fuison
- Grilled chicken
- Romaine Lettuce
- Quinoa + Sea Salt
- Maple Syrup + Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1/4 Fruit Fusion