Thursday, July 8, 2010

Endoscopy Full Results

Pictured Is A Technician Performing The Newborn Blood Test For Phenylketonuria, A Hereditary, Autosomal Recessive, Metabolic Disorder In Which There Is A Defic Of Phenylalanine Hydroxylase, Resulting In Elevated Lev Of Phenylketone In The Blood And Urine. Untreated, Thi Lead To Mental Retardation. Pku Test Test For Phenylketonuria


My full endoscopy results came in yesterday.

Seems as though I'm basically a dog just out there chasing my tail! 

The Doctor said I definitely have a lot of inflammation, but it doesn't point to any specific cause. If I don't know the cause, I don't know the action - well, the full action anyways. 

I don't have Celiac, though he said that staying away from Wheat/Gluten will probably only help me. The only harm he sees with me eliminating Wheat/Gluten is total daily caloric intake (and me not getting enough). I don't have a problem with this, though! I teach myself daily that when I'm hungry, I eat!

In a few weeks, he wants to do further "exploring" via, you guessed it - more blood tests. I won't lie, it's getting old. Very old! I'm just trying to remain positive. And of course, I'm dotting my "I's" and crossing my "T's" when it comes to being careful with food. Between the two, it's been my best bet against this "fight with my 40 feet of intestines!"

My mom says, "I think you're quite healthy." To her I responded, "I sure am. It's just a bum-tum."

I take each day at a time. Smart (food) choices, healthy (workout and movement) habits - and of course, a smile!

CHEERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment