Friday, July 16, 2010

iRelate

Yesterday I was in Chicago meeting with a company. My last meeting there was with the Division CMO. We began talking about me, my background and social media in general. After awhile he said to me, "Do you have a Blog?" I responded, "Yes, actually two. One that's primarily marketing and social media-focused, and the other health/fitness/food-focused." It was the latter that sparked his interest. He wanted to know more, so I told him briefly how it was "born" and why I'm so passionate about it today.

He then said, "My 14 year old son has Crohns. He is gluten free, too." And then instantly, I think we could have talked all day on the topic about frustrations, food choices, "discoveries" and so much more (especially because they have treated it to the degree I have - via food - or the lack thereof certain foods - smart people!)

Man speaking with his hand
After speaking with him, it made me realize even more how important this Blog is to me. This is not just a "Blah, blah blog" to me! Not only are there people like me out there, but there are more than I could even imagine. They are people just like me, fighting their own battles. And they are not just adults, they are children, too. His son is 14, and the little girl at my cousin's daycare is just 3 (with Celiac). I complain, cry and get negative from time-to-time about all this, but younger kids and children are the ones who really don't understand why they are the way they are. It's an ongoing daily struggle, but what I hope and pray this Blog does is truly reaches out to even one person in the form of motivation, help, advice or just a place to come to say....I read Confessions, Truths & the Journey of a (Mis)Fortunate Fitness-Foodie Junkie because, "iRelate."

CHEERS!
(ps. I am dabbling into the idea of "moving" this blog & transforming it into something bigger. It won't happen overnight because I'll have a lot of work cut out for me, but I'm extremely excited and I think it will provide even more value to all who stumble across it! If you have thoughts/ideas/suggestions/needs/wants from this Blog, please feel free to email me, tweet at me @sarahkayhoffman or leave a comment here.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment