Sunday, July 4, 2010

Watermelon

Happy 4th of July!

We had a BBQ at our house yesterday. There was so much great-looking food. It was definitely a challenge for me to stick with my own chicken and turkey only!


Close-up of sliced watermelon in a plate

But then I decided to try the watermelon. It looked so juicy! There is obviously no wheat, gluten or anything I'm not supposed to have in it. I still got worried, since I haven't "ventured out" in 2 weeks (YES, today is the 2-week mark)!

So I ate some. And then some more. And even some for breakfast today! No, not some - like 3 cups! Good news....no bloat! I'm in the "clear" to have me some low-cal, high-water concentration, watermelon!


Now that I have hit the 2-week mark, here is my comprehensive '"Definitely "Okay"" Food List: 
  • Turkey
  • Chicken
  • Beef
  • Fresh lemon juice
  • Fresh lime juice
  • Fresh orange juice
  • Coconut Milk
  • Coconut Butter
  • Cayenne
  • Avocado
  • GF Flax (grounded)
  • Watermelon
  • Banana
  • Olive Oil
  • Coconut Oil
  • Garlic + Sea Salt + Olive Oil
  • Sea Salt
  • Cinnamon
  • Honey
  • (weakened) Coffee
  • (small amounts) Soy Milk
  • Red Wine
  • Vodka
  • 100% Raw, Pecan with Cashew Nut Butter
And here is my (very) "Questionable" Food List: 
  • 100% Durum Whole Wheat Pasta (reaction on 7.1.2010)
I'm looking forward to even more "Definitely - Okay" Discoveries!

For today, in honor of the 4th, I leave you with....
"I cover my heart with my hat when they fly that Red, White & Blue. Just like my Daddy taught me: How 'bout you?" - Eric Church

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment