Thursday, July 1, 2010

Wheat - a Culprit?

If you remember, I told you in yesterday's post that I was going to be doing a 100% Durum Whole Wheat "Test."

Immediately upon finishing my Leg Workout (which, by the way today I was up to 6 sets - so hard!!) I grabbed my 3/4 cup of "wheat." Clearly I was starved. I gobbled it down quickly.

Within a few minutes I got that red dot in my cheek. It's painless, but shows up with certain foods I haven't pinpointed yet. A few hours later I definitely felt a slight bloat. I'm not going to say I was miserable because I wasn't (and then again, I only had 3/4 cup). But something didn't feel right.

I am keeping my eye on this in the next day or so. Nothing new will be added until then, as I want to truly make this a "test." 

Tomorrow I have my endoscopy. We will see if my biopsies find anything. Wish me luck as they "count-me-down" to sleep - 5, 4, 3, 2 (I'm out)!

Until then....

CHEERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment