Sunday, January 10, 2010

Homemade Mango Salsa

food,all natural,salsa

Perfectly delicious!


We made the best dinner last night: Wild-caught Mahi-Mahi sprinkled with Mango Salsa and steamed vegetables. Since I'm not eating any preservatives or "unnatural" and "GAPS unfriendly" items, I knew I would have to make my own salsa if I wanted it. And so I did!


I first decided what flavor I was going for. Did I want sweet or salty? And when I decided I wanted sweet, since that's what I think goes best with Mahi, I chose the Mango as my main ingredient. From there, I made it all up and in the end, it turned out to include:

  • 1 Whole Mango
  • 1/2 Baby Tomato
  • 1/8 Red Onion
  • A few pinches fresh Cilantro leaves
  • Pinch of Sea Salt
I cooked it in a little Coconut Oil for the final "hint of sweetness." 

The final product was amazing and we cannot wait to have it again! The best part was that not only did it make our tastebuds bounce, but there was not one single artificial ingredient or preservative in it! Cheers to that!

1 comment:

  1. Your salsa looks great! I too, run far, far away from artificial ingredients or preservatives. And, I like to cook with coconut oil on occassion, and have found that a little goes a long way. Enjoy your salsa!

    ReplyDelete