Wednesday, January 6, 2010

P90X: Legs & Back + Ab Ripper X

Photobucket










Day 5 today and these are the solid, muscular legs I aspire to have. I have a new "odd" obsession with the part of the leg just directly behind the kneecap. It's an honest obsession, though. I know I'm not the only one that notices this part of the leg! While I believe that part of the leg is more diet than anything else, I do believe that my new workout is going to help me in overall tonation for it (if I can use that term - tonation?!)


The legs and back workout goes similar to this:
  • Tons of leg reps, a few different exercises and then
  • Reverse Grip Chin-Ups
  • Tons of leg reps, a few different exercises and then
  • Wide Front Pull-Ups
  • Tons of leg reps, a few different exercises and then
  • Closed Grip Overhand Pull-Ups
  • Tons of leg reps, a few different exercises and then
  • Switch Grip Pull-Ups
  • REPEAT WHOLE CYCLE 
Here's what I have to "admit" about my pull-ups: I don't do them all normally. I do use the chair for a little assistance. But, this is okay. Tony Horton says it is, so for now I'm OK with it. But using the chair for a little assistance still has me leaps and bounds from where I used to be prior to working out a lot! I could barely do a pull-up with 90 pounds of assistance! I can now do at least a few pull-ups on my own, with no assistance!


I'm certain I will feel this workout tomorrow, especially because tonight I went to my friend Gary's kickboxing class for an hour. I know that the 2-a-day "doubles" workouts don't start for a few weeks yet, but I love it so much and when I have the energy I keep going! 

I am teaching myself to eat, eat, eat, eat so I'm not tearing down muscle. I want to maintain lean muscle, "find" new muscles and shed excess fat, but I also know that without the (good) calories, it will be hard to do. I take one day at a time with the food/workout discipline. It's all we can really do! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment