Sunday, January 3, 2010

P90X: Plyometrics

Day #2 of P90X and Plyometrics kicked my butt! Again, thought I was in good shape, but was quickly brought back down to earth.

First let me rewind to the middle of the night. I woke up, muscles sore already. As the day has gone on today, so much muscle soreness from yesterdays Chest/Back and Ab Ripper X workout. I am feeling muscles in places I didn't know existed. I am having a hard time maneuvering around tonight!


The Plyometrics workout burned the legs! It's about 50 minutes of constant moving, jumping, sliding, lunging, squating and shaking every which way. Towards the end I could hardly keep up, but I pushed myself as hard as I could. 

I felt great again today! I was a little too hungry, so I'll be looking to add more food and (hopefully) carbs via vegetables and fruit very soon! Today I added in one banana, some avocado, yellow miso and one egg yolk (partially raw). 

Tomorrow I can move onto Stage 4, where I will be able to add meats that have been roasted or grilled (though I'm sure I won't have time for that until next weekend), cooked vegetables, cold pressed olive oil, ghee and the special "baked bread" (made with ground almonds or any other nut and seeds ground into flour). I will probably not have much time to spend on any of that, but I will do what I can to get more calories! 

I will wake up and do the Shoulders & Arms workout prior to work. That should be interesting. I'll have a 4:45am wakeup call, get a little coffee in and be ready and focused around 5:30am. Sound crazy? Nope! Sounds exciting! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment