Thursday, January 14, 2010

Nothing Good After Midnight; Nothing Bad After 4:30am

I am crazy. I have these weird hours of bed before 9 or 10pm and waking up (usually) never later than 6am. Both of these times include weekends! My husband thinks I'm crazy, too. At night he'll say, "What? I haven't even eaten dinner yet!" And on the weekends he'll say, "Just sleep in! Try to not get up the second your eyes open." But it never fails, to bed I go and an early riser I am!

Photobucket

I have always been this way. This isn't anything new. However, what is new (in the past year or so) is this idea that I can workout beginning at 4:30am. My body lets me. As a matter of fact, my body thanks me for it!


I have now become addicted to it! I wake up, have a cup of coffee and workout. In the summer I'll head outside and run or go to the gym out by where we live. In the winter (now) I head to the Club I work at and workout or do my P90X at home. I'm always energized by 3 main things:
  1. A little coffee
  2. My passion for fitness
  3. The idea that the day is just beginning and the opportunities are endless
That positive energy turns into a strong workout (on most days). In turn, that strong workout has me feeling wonderful going into each and every day. It gives me the confidence I need and the sense of accomplishment in the earliest hours of my day.

My Mother used to say, "Nothing good ever happens after midnight." She was right, except that she forgot to tell me that if I can create a habit of getting up, working out and taking care of me first thing in my day that "nothing bad will happen after 4:30am!"

And here I am again...Thursday, January 14, 2010 - 4:33am - awake - about to brew my coffee and appreciate a strong workout of P90X Kenpo X! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment