Monday, January 4, 2010

P90X: Shoulders/Arms + Ab Ripper X

And on the 3rd day I did the P90X Shoulder/Arm + Ab Ripper X Workout. Hard....again!


I am so sore today that I am finding it hard to maneuver around. My lower body (glutes in particular) are so sore. The Plyometrics did them in. I am realizing I have muscles in certain parts of my body I never knew I had! For example, there is this part of the triceps directly above the elbow. I was not sure how I would ever reach it. P90X has shown me its possible. Wow!


Here is what I would tell anyone who is thinking about doing P90X: Often times, Tony Horton says, "you can do anything for 30 seconds." I expand on that and say, "you can do anything for 30 days."


30 days into the P90X Program would have you done with Phase 1. What I have heard from several people is that if you follow the diet, you will see changes in as little as 2 weeks to one month. Thus, if you can do anything for 30 seconds and then anything for 30 days you will:
  1. Have the energy to go for 30 more seconds AND 
  2. Never want to give up after the 30 days when you see results and feel amazing
Another successful day with the GAPS Diet. I'll stay at this stage until the weekend at least, probably. Today I added: Extra Lean Beef from Whole Foods (then I made "mini burgers" and added a pinch of cayenne pepper/onion and cooked in Coconut Oil), steamed broccoli, spinach and asparagus, Raw, Organic Artisana Walnut Butter, Artisana Coconut Butter


I was so hungry when I was doing P90X this morning. The workouts have my metabolism in overdrive. This is a great thing, but I just need to be sure that I am sticking 100% true to my GAPS Diet while consuming enough calories!


Alright, time for me to rest for the evening. My muscles are in overdrive. I have Yoga X at 5:30am tomorrow. But....I'm content, motivated and so excited! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment