At 5pm today I was home sweet home until next Tuesday, as Monday is Memorial Day! I am so excited about this! It's been a stressful, very stressful week.
As promised from yesterday, reflections on the quote by Anne Frank,
First we make choices.
Then our choices make us."
First of all, I think we can all agree that Anne Frank was wise, much wiser, beyond her years! Here were my thoughts pertaining to her quote:
- As a noun. Synonyms: selection, preference, alternative, election, substitute, favorite, pick, a good bet.
- We make a million initial choices every single day. (Should I hit the snooze button? What should I eat for breakfast? What should I wear?)
- We make many big choices in life. (Should I marry him? Should I stick with my job? Should I have a baby? Should I go to college?)
- EVERY choice we make is like a fork in the road: the direction you go next is up to the choice you've made.
- It's like a "Gertrude Stein," (A rose is a rose is a rose.)- "A choice is a choice is a choice."
Ultimately, though, as Ms. Frank said, "I need to make these choices, but I also need to keep in mind that these choices I make will make me."
I've had a very stressful week. And yes, it's made me sick. But as I was coming home from work tonight I called my mama, who lives across the country from me! It was a breath of fresh air for me. For that whole 30 minutes I was calm and relaxed and was able to think about something else. I, of course, vented to her. But being that my Mother is probably my Number One fan, she put everything into perspective for me and, as usual, took my side! Mother's are so great! And interestingly enough, during that 30 minutes, my mouth was OK. I could talk to her with no problems. Thanks, Mom!
As I mentioned, I haven't been feeling too hot. Today my mouth and teeth annoyed me again, at about a Level 8/9. Frustrating! My stomach felt a little bloated late afternoon, and then moved into a little left-sided pain after that. I got "sick" around 7pm. Then, my stomach was ok again.I have a cold now, too. Some say it could be allergies, but I've never had allergies from the environment, so I'm not so sure about that one!
Here was my day:
- Steel Cut Oats
- Nutribiotic Vanilla Rice Protein Powder with Coconut Milk Light, Flax, and Stevia
- Organic Apple
- Sweet Apple Link
- Sweet Apple Link
- Lean Turkey + Kidney Beans
- Olive Oil
- Spring Mix
- Fruit Fusion (Dried Apple + Dried Cranberry Only)
- Organic, Raw Carrots
- Organic Spinach
- Fish Oil + Spirulina + Sea Salt
- Chile Lime Chicken Burger
- 1 Glass Red Wine