Sunday, May 31, 2009

Getting Stronger

Day 49.

I think I truly feel myself getting stronger.
I feel it.
I feel it in my mind and body.
This is the kind of "strong" that says, "my body and mind feel strong and I don't need junk food or foods that are bad for me to feel good!" This is a monumental stride I've taken.

In the weeks leading up to me actually finding out what foods don't like me, I was so miserable. I was not only miserable because of stomach and mouth problems, but I was also miserable because I felt absolutely famished 98.5% of the time.

In the past week, though, I've felt (as a whole) unbelievable. And here's how I came to this realization:

  1. I had a great week last week, in terms of how I felt with my stomach and mouth.
  2. Friday night is when it dawned on me that my life, in terms of food, has changed drastically! I went to Whole Foods after work, as I do most Friday nights. As I unpacked my (reusable) bag, I thought, "I wonder if people look at what I am buying and think how unfortunate my life must be that I'm eating these foods?!" Here were my groceries: (2) * Unsweetened Rice Milk, (2) * Coconut Milk Light, Flaxseed Meal, Quinoa Shells, Nutribiotic Vanilla Rice Protein Powder, Orange Papaya Aloe & Glee Gum. Anyways, I didn't care what anyone thought - this food has changed me, slowly but surely.
  3. My workout yesterday made me feel like I was on top of the world. I feel strong. I have been lifting weights for about 2 years now, but I finally feel like it's working for me. I have figured out what I need and what I don't need. There is nothing like the burn after a great workout, and perhaps what's even better than that is when the mirror shows you that you have developed muscle and lost fat! Now that is priceless.
Finally, I know I'm getting stronger because my attitude is better.
I'm happier.
Happy and free, just like in Cancun!

Photobucket



Here was my day:

Breakfast

  • Steel Cut Oats, Nutribiotic Vanilla Rice Protein Powder with Unsweetened Rice Milk, Coconut Milk Light, Flax, and Stevia
  • Coffee + Unsweetened Rice Milk, Coconut Milk Light
Lunch
  • Wild Salmon Burger
  • Olive Oil + Spirulina
  • Spring Mix
  • Organic Apple
  • 1/2 Fruit Fusion Bar (Dried Apple and Cranberry)
Snack
  • Organic Apple
  • 2 Scallops with Lemon
  • Organic Raw Carrots
Dinner
  • Extra Lean Turkey Burger (everything as last week + cilantro)
  • Spring Mix
  • Fish Oil + Spirulina + Sea Salt
  • Ancient Harvest quinoa pasta (Garbanzo beans, cinnamon, red peppers)
  • Orange
I can't believe tomorrow is Day 50! Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment