Monday, May 18, 2009

Healing. Peeling. And Supplements.

Day 36.

I am starting to heal. I can feel it, even in this first day. How can I tell? I'm extremely tired. My body has started to detox itself.

I am peeling. All over.

Supplements. They are a huge part of "Part II."

Today was a pretty good day. My stomach did very well today. No real problems. (Well, except for the fact that my "female friend" is currently with me:( Just that small stomach problem.) My mouth annoyed me some today. Probably about a level 5/6 all day. I had a slight headache off and on. Mostly, though, I just struggled with energy. I am so tired. Fatigue, oh fatigue, go away.

2 things that changed already today:
1. Toothpaste
2. Supplements

1. I am not using any toothpaste anymore that has added chemicals and artificial ingredients. Besides the increase in supplements for Part II, I am also focusing on detoxing from other parts of my life as well. There will be more on these "other parts" later, but for today we start with the toothpaste.

I am now using a toothpaste I got from Whole Foods. It's by Nature's Gate. Cherry Gel - Natural Toothpaste with fluoride.

2. Supplements. Leah has suggested some Nutritional Supplements. She does not have me doing any kind of crazy pills or anything like that, but what she does have me on are essential nutrients that are going to help me. It is my hope that they even speed up the healing process for me!

I have done some of my own research on these supplements as well. The supplements I am doing include:

Supplement

Dose

Betaine HCl

1-4 caps with each meal

Vital 10 (Klaire)

2 caps per day

Zinc solution mouth rinse

2 tsp

Aloe Vera juice

3 Tbsp daily, take about 10 min before each meal.

Fish Oil

1 tsp daily

B-Supreme

2 caps daily

Digestzymes

1-2 caps with each meal

Cal-Mag citrate

1 scoop at night


In addition, I get my daily dosage of Spirulina everyday! (I will discuss each of these supplements as time goes on.)

This all seems like a lot. Perhaps it's a bit to manage, but it becomes routine. I think of it this way: There are so many people in the world that are living with some sort of disease, curable or incurable. To make the quality of their lives better, they may take 10, 20 or even 50 pills of some sort every single day. What I'm doing by taking these supplements is helping me build the best possible immune system I can. It's helping me heal the damage that's already been done. And hopefully, then, I will never have to be someone taking pill after pill after pill.

Here was my day:

Breakfast

  • Steel Cut Oats, Nutribiotic Vanilla Rice Protein Powder with Coconut Milk Light, Flax, Banana and Stevia
Snack
  • Organic Apple
  • Lean turkey and light red kidney beans
Lunch
  • Organic Spring Mix
  • Olive Oil + ACV
  • 1/2 c. grilled chicken
Snack
  • Lean turkey and light red kidney beans
  • Unsweetened, Organic Applesauce
  • Dried Bananas
Dinner
  • Organic Spring Mix
  • Fish Oil + Spirulina + Sea Salt
  • Grilled Chicken
I ended the day oh-so-sweet. Ryan and I took the dogs for a walk. It's a great way to unwind after the day. It was great for me, too, to get out and move a little despite my fatigue. I always know that being with the 3 of them, my family, is a for sure smile to my face and peace to my heart!


No comments:

Post a Comment