Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Scooby, Dooby, Doo...and the Little Dog, Too.

Day 37.

I had more energy today and that made my day! I got a little bloated mid-afternoon, but nothing else with my stomach all day. My mouth was about a 3/4. I had a headache again a couple of times, but nothing too severe.

When my fatigue lifts, it's amazing. I felt it some tonight, but that was post-workout. I had a great workout. I lasted for 1.5 hours tonight. I think I need to try to make that my "cut-off" point for my workouts. It really is not necessary to be spending hours and hours at a time in the gym. If you are working your body extremely hard during the time that you are there, you should not have to be there so long! I need to keep listening to myself on this one.

I did my HIIT with sprints tonight. I also did Sallie's Extreme Abs class. Finally, weights - miscellaneous weights for about a half hour. It's Tuesday night. I usually set aside this night for Yoga, but the Season Finale of Idol was on tonight! I could not miss it!

I am focusing on my dogs tonight, especially the Baby Great Dane. I'm not sure if I've ever mentioned it, but we have 2 dogs - an 11-month old Great Dane, Reagan and a 3-year old Peekepoo, Fiona. My heart - both of them!

Photobucket

Tomorrow, Reagan is getting spayed. For most dogs this procedure is really no big deal. But because of the Great Dane's size, it can be a big deal. Our breeder specifically told us, "This is a major surgery and many have lost their Danes going through this type of surgery so don't cut corners on expenses." And by expenses, she meant that we have to have a full blood panel done on Reagan tomorrow before the procedure. We do not even technically own Reagan until the spay is done. She is such a beautiful, purebred dog. Great Danes are so massive and have so many special requirements, rules and restrictions. We love her so much!

Fiona is also going to the vet tomorrow. She is due for 2 shots, so we figured that as long as we already had to bring one, we might as well get Fiona done as well. She is the little Princess in this household. Fiona has been my heart since the second I laid eyes on her. I was living in California alone - I found her in a teacup on startribune.com. I knew I had to have her. I committed to buying her even before actually seeing her. She has been mine and I have been hers since she was 8-weeks old. She is by far the more clingy between the two. I call her my Monkey-Poo a lot. She has a mouth and nose like that of a little monkey.

Fiona gives Baby Reagan a "run for her money." Fiona is allowed to sleep with us at night; Reagan sleeps in an extremely large crate in our room. Reagan will come alongside the bed for attention and Fiona typically growls and hops all over the bed as if to say to Reagan, "No way, you are not coming up here. This is my territory!"

We take our dogs for walks a lot (although, Reagan is only supposed to walk one mile or less at a time). One night while we were out walking a little boy spotted us from across the street. He saw Reagan, pointed at her and said, "Look, Mom - it's Scooby, Dooby, Dooooooo....." It was so cute! The little boy really thought she was Scooby!

Funny how dogs can warm our hearts, lift our souls and reduce the amount of stress in our lives just by being them - being there.

Here was my day:

Breakfast

  • Nutribiotic Vanilla Rice Protein Powder with Coconut Milk Light and Unsweetened Rice Milk, Flax, Banana, Mango and Stevia
Snack
  • Organic Apple
  • Lean turkey and light red kidney beans
Lunch
  • Organic Spring Mix
  • Olive Oil + ACV
  • 1/2 c. grilled chicken
Pre-Workout Snack
  • Lean turkey and light red kidney beans
Post-Workout Snack
  • Fruit Fusion Bar
Dinner
  • Organic Spring Mix
  • Fish Oil + Spirulina + Sea Salt
  • Chile Lime Chicken Burger
Tonight we say a prayer for Scooby, Dooby, Doo....and the Little Dog, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment