Monday, May 4, 2009

One Step Forward & Two Steps Back.

Day 22.

I had such great stomach days on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. As a matter-of-fact I had literally no stomach problems those days. I felt like I was a huge step forward.

Like clockwork, though, a couple hours after lunch today it all started again! Two steps back for me. But, perhaps I know the difference. I think the only difference - the Collard Greens. I sent Leah a message, inquiring about this. She said, "Makes sense. Collard Greens are in the Mustard Family." Mustard was one of the 22 foods I am allergic to. Furthermore, Mustard was one of the 4 that I had the biggest reaction to.

So, I found out what exactly is in the Mustard Family:

Mustard: Broccoli, Brussel Sprouts, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Celery Cabbage, Chinese Cabbage, Collard, Colza Shoots, Kale, Kohlrabi, Kraut, Horse Radish, Mustard, Mustard Greens, Radish, Rutabaga, Turnips, Watercress

This is interesting. These are foods I eat a lot of. I will be keeping my eye on this over the next few days. I've decided no Collard Greens tomorrow to see what happens. If nothing happens, I'll have them again on Wednesday and test the reaction.

Today my mouth annoyed me. Probably a level 6/7. My stomach twisted and I had that lower, left-sided pain - about 1-3 hours post-lunch. The stomach bloat and pain had subsided, sometime around 6pm.

Here was my day:

Breakfast

  • Nutribiotic Vanilla Rice Protein Powder with Unsweetened Rice Milk, Spirulina, Aloe Vera, Fish Oil, Flax and Stevia
  • 1/2 Fruit Fusion Bar
Snack
  • Organic Apple
  • Organic, Raw Carrots
Lunch
  • Organic Spring Mix + Organic Basil + Collard Greens + Garlic + Sea Salt
  • Olive Oil
  • 1/4 c. Salmon
  • 1/4 c. Mung Dal Kitcheree
  • Organic Winter Squash Baby Food
Pre-Workout Snack
  • 1/2 Fruit Fusion
  • 1/4 c. Salmon
  • 1/4 c. Mung Dal Kitcheree
  • Orange
Post-Workout Snack
  • Organic Raw Carrots
  • Organic Apple
Dinner
  • Organic Spring Mix
  • Olive Oil + Flax + Sea Salt
  • Salmon
  • 2 Organic, Dried Mangos

No comments:

Post a Comment