Monday, April 27, 2009

And We're Off to Week 3....

Day 15.

It was a good day, overall, today. I had good energy. My stomach only got some bloated and twisted around 3pm (the usual time of day it seems). My mouth was at about a level 3/4 all day.

It was so cold in Northern California today. I even wore a turtleneck - sometimes I take it to the extremes! Anyways, on this cold day, I decided to brew a "different" kind of tea than I typically do.

I drink 1-3 glasses of Green Tea almost every day now! When my Mother was here visiting she was saying how she really wants to get in to drinking it, but that she doesn't like the taste. I won't lie - I don't always care for it much, either (mostly because I'm still bias from my unbelievable devotion to coffee). But, as I told her, "it's more of an acquired taste." That, added with the fact I know all the health benefits, makes it easier for me to drink!

Typically, I brew just the Green Tea and drink it plain, maybe with a hint of Stevia. Sometimes, I put a little lemon in. Today, I decided to make a Cinnamon Bark Green Tea with a hint of Stevia. I have a ton of Cinnamon Bark leftover from my recipe this weekend, and I love using anything Cinnamon any chance I get. So, I brewed the tea and then threw in a couple small pieces of the Bark. I never drink my tea right away - I like to let everything "soak" in. By the time I drank my tea today it was full of flavor! It tasted so great, kept me so warm and made me feel good overall! I think I'll have it again tomorrow:)

Here was my day:

Breakfast

  • Nutribiotic Chocolate Rice Protein Powder with Unsweetened Rice Milk, Spirulina, Aloe Vera, Fish Oil, Banana and Stevia
  • 1/2 Fruit Fusion Bar
Snack
  • Organic Vegs from the Magic Mineral Broth
  • Organic Apple
Lunch
  • Organic Spring Mix+ Collard Greens + garlic + lemon juice + Sea Salt
  • Salmon
  • Homemade Dressing (Olive Oil + Braggs Organic Apple Cider Vinegar + a pinch of Cinnamon)
  • Quinoa
Snack - Pre-Workout
  • Salmon
  • Raw Walnuts
  • 1/2 Fruit Fusion Bar
Snack - Post-Workout
  • Organic Apple
  • Organic Raw Carrots
Dinner
  • Salmon
  • Organic Spring Mix+ Collard Greens + garlic + lemon juice + Sea Salt
  • Flax Seed + Olive Oil
  • Mung Dal Kitcheree
  • (A Few Bites) Coconut Chocolate Pudding
Side note about the Coconut Chocolate Pudding 3 days later: Still amazing! We had so much leftover because 1/4-1/2 cup is all you need to eat at a time for a dessert. It's so rich, so full of life and flavor that just a few bites is completely satisfying. I am so glad it tasted so great still 3 days later. It's almost like a fudge, now! Maybe next time I'll make fudge-square candies with the recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment