Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Did I Mention Red Wine is OK?

Day 2 today!

I woke up feeling pretty good! I lost 2 pounds, but this I know for a fact is solely due to less bloat. No bloating upon waking means a great start to my day!

I failed to mention before, but Red Wine, according to Leah, is OK for me! She said that if I reacted to yeast, there would be no Red Wine. As a matter of fact, she said that stress is also a terrible thing for the body. Thus, if I feel stressed at the end of the day I should not feel guilty or anything else about drinking a glass or two! Whew! That was a sense of relief:)

Speaking of stress, I think now would be a great time to interject on one way I relieve a ton of stress: YOGA! I. Heart. Yoga. I did Yoga one time in college - hated it. Never went back! Looking back on it, I understand why. I took Yoga in a gymnasium, with no Yoga mat, all lights on and with about 100 other people! This is in no way, shape or form relaxing!

I decided to give Yoga another try. I work at an upscale health and fitness club in San Ramon, CA - ClubSport San Ramon. We offer plenty of Yoga classes, with great instructors, so I thought I'd give it a whirl. After the first time, I was still a little apprehensive. But after the 2nd time, I was hooked. The difference: Instructor + Style + Overall Ambiance. I never miss a Tuesday night class anymore! (This even cuts into 1/2 of Tuesday night American Idol for me, but it's so worth it!)

Yoga offers a way to cool down, to relax and to let go of any negative thoughts or built up anxieties. It has allowed me to move my body in ways I never have before. It has taught me how to breathe and how to take in things one at a time. Yoga makes me feel strong - in body and in mind. And the best part of yoga - the final relaxation - the Shavasana!



Here was my day (mostly the same as yesterday):

Breakfast

  • Nutribiotic Vanilla Rice Protein Powder with Unsweetened Rice Milk, Spirulina, Fish Oil, 1/2 banana and Stevia
  • Raw Walnuts
Snack
  • Organic Carrots
  • Organic Apple
Lunch
  • Organic spinach and zucchini
  • Organic Romaine Lettuce
  • Organic, no salt added Black Beans
  • Raw Walnuts
  • Homemade Dressing (Olive Oil + Braggs Organic Apple Cider Vinegar + a pinch of Cinnamon)
Snack - Pre-Workout
  • Organic Steel Cut Oats
  • Organic, Unsweetened Rice Milk with 1 packet of Stevia
  • Orange
Dinner
  • Wild Salmon Burger
  • Salad with Homemade Dressing from earlier
  • Organic spinach
  • Dried Bananas
I've made it to see Day 3 tomorrow.....

No comments:

Post a Comment