Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Hungry. Plain, Old Hungry.

Day 17 (part II).

Today was a much better day for me, as far as energy is concerned. After the morning bump, I felt more "alive!"

I have run into a couple of other problems, though:
1. Hunger.
2. Bloating & Twisting Tummy.

I am so hungry today; I was so hungry yesterday, too. Not so much fun. This could be from many things, I'm not sure. Nonetheless, I don't like it!

I know what everyone is thinking about the bloating and twisting tummy, "What? This is nothing new." But it is new because of when it's happening. I have noticed that either right after lunch or within a couple of hours from lunch, I get bloated, with a twisting and gassy tummy. Often times, this left-sided pain accompanies it as well.

I wonder about this. The part that makes it new is that I feel overall so much better - mouth so much better - and yet this is happening. It's also occurring right after lunch, when, many times I"m still hungry. I feel like I eat so much at lunch. My plate is heaping with vegetables, a little protein, quinoa and olive oil. Heaping with these things. Yet, immediately after lunch I'm still so hungry. As I continue to stay hungry, I get more and more bloated and get all that accompanies it.

I never feel as though I'm "skimping" on calories during the day. I feel that what I eat suffices - I don't lose a ton of weight, if any at all. However, I'm always so hungry. Perhaps my sense of "enough calories" is skewed. I'm really not sure what it is.

My mouth was so great today. I would give it a steady 2, but at times only a 0/1 for annoyance. This is absolutely AMAZING! Amazing, amazing, amazing! Words cannot express the absolute joy in this! 5 years of it and by removing "something" from my diet, it clears up. AMAZING. Nothing short of AMAZING!

After dinner tonight my stomach was terrible. I am suspecting the Mung Dal Kitcheree, but only because of the beans in it. I don't think my stomach knows how to digest them properly yet. Eventually, but perhaps not yet. I had more than usual tonight, too.

Here was my day:

Breakfast

  • Nutribiotic Vanilla Rice Protein Powder with Unsweetened Rice Milk, 1 Tbsp Cacao, Spirulina, Aloe Vera, Fish Oil, and Stevia
  • 1/2 Fruit Fusion Bar
Snack
  • Organic Spinach + Sea Salt
  • Organic Apple
Lunch
  • Organic Spring Mix+ Spinach + Collard Greens + (greens) from Mineral Broth + garlic + Sea Salt
  • Salmon
  • Olive Oil
  • Quinoa
  • Organic Apple
  • Magic Mineral Broth
Snack
  • 1/2 Fruit Fusion Bar
  • Orange
Dinner
  • Salmon
  • Organic Spring Mix+ Collard Greens + Spinach + (greens) from Mineral Broth + garlic + Sea Salt
  • Flax Seed + Olive Oil
  • Mung Dal Kitcheree
  • Organic Dried Bananas and Organic Dried Mangos
  • Coconut Chocolate Pudding
The next few days are going to be difficult. I will be away from home; in San Francisco for the next few days. We'll see what happens and how I deal with it! One thing is for sure, I am extremely excited to check out the Rainbow Co-Op! Ryan says I'm going to be in "Bulk Heaven!" He loves that I can get excited about bins and bins of bulk food!

Tomorrow is already Day 18!

No comments:

Post a Comment